07-16-2012, 12:49 AM   #7
DJDeez
Got my license back!
Canada
Rep
Drives: TransLink

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwike92 View Post
from what i know they beep or something when there is a radar detected within a certain radius advising you to be cautious...right?
Click here for a simplistic guide on how radar detectors work.

Quote:
well i guess my question is, which radar detector would you guys recommend and why? I'm looking for something flush, so i don't want something on my windshield u know?
I would recommend the Beltronics STiR Plus, simply the best detector available on the market. The list of features doesn't seem to end and best of all, it's designed for a stealth installation. I am installing the display inside my rear-view and controller in my ashtray to make it completely invisible.

Quote:
and as far as installs, are they relatively easy to install?
I ran most of the wiring for my detector and jammers today, so far it has been extremely straightforward and only took me a couple hours. There are several DIY guides available on this forum and others, I would be more than happy to provide any assistance I can if need be

One more thing to note, you do pay for the features that come with this particular detector! That being said, I was able to source a factory sealed unit from an authorised reseller for $800 shipped last week. There is a seller on the forums asking $900, PM him an offer if you're interested.
aFe cold air intake system (stage 2) ▫ Agency Power cat delete/section 2 midpipes ▫ Agency Power exhaust system ▫ Beltronics STiR Plus ▫ BMW M style (ZHP) weighted short shift knob ▫ CIC iDrive ▫ Clutch pedal spring removal ▫ Coding ▫ Evolve-R tune ▫ Laser Interceptor ▫ LUX H8 V3 Angel Eyes ▫ pickyeater334 clutch stop ▫ Rear fog lights (2011 light control switch assembly) ▫ T3 Alpha laser gun protection ▫ Turner Motorsport power pulley kit

Last edited by DJDeez; 07-16-2012 at 12:59 AM.. Reason: N/A
Appreciate 0