ChrisK
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 M2C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by flea333 View Post
Been looking for the improvements made on the 2009-2013 M3 models to see which I really care to buy. Let me know if I miss something.

2009 - new navigation with internal hard drive (much) improved interface, new tail lights (sedan only)

2010 - The 2010 BMW M3 receives two minor changes: standard HD radio and optional automatic headlights. [edmunds]

2011 - Competition package that adds a lowered suspension, 19-inch wheels (but you can't get double spoke rims with this, or order them in black), a wider track and reprogrammed electronic damping and stability controls. This isn't as hard-core as the previous M3's Competition package (I thought this was new so don't know what they're talking about). [edmunds]
- New LED tail lights on coupe (why they waited a year is beyond me! and they STILL haven't updated the headlamps, wtf?!)

2012 - BMW Apps integration (shows artist playing, pandora, facebook etc but only up to iPhone 4s) - also I think the whole iDrive interface got a usability refresh and is much more intuitive to use (based on playing with a new M5 though).

2013 - I read that for 2013 or 2012 they improved the drive train or chassis so it's lighter and has better handling.

I presume the Enhanced Premium sound is the same for 2008-2013 models?

There is so much incorrect info here.....I can't even...
Attached Images