Rep
Drives: 11 E90 M3 Individual

Garage List
2004 BMW M3  [4.50]
2011 BMW E90 M3  [5.25]
2013 BMW 328i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchBoy View Post
This is so cool. You know we are all extremely envious of you.
Thanks much for sharing
Thanks! Its not about me though. I hope that I helped in creating a positive image for HPDEs which facilitates more HPDE events there. I do feel honored and privileged to have the opportunity to drive there. More than anything, I hope this gets everyone REALLY excited about getting on COTA. Hopefully the MVP event is just as successful if not more. Not really worried about BMWCCA messing things up...I KNOW they'll do it right. BMWCCA can just top it off with a cherry. Then maybe COTA sees the value in doing HPDEs and allowing more access. I think people will pay to drive there, they just need the access.

In case anyone was not aware of the issue...COTA had signed an agreement with some DE orgs after a lot of negotiating, talking, and delays. Suddenly, COTA management cut off all talks and cancelled all contracts for DEs primarily due to concern that the facility will get messed up. Remember, the focus is F1. Then there was public outcry and then COTA entered into an agreement with a couple of HPDE orgs. Its seems like its a probationary period...if the facility starts getting trashed then I'll bet that HPDEs at COTA will cease.
2000 E36/7 Z3 Steel Blue
Appreciate 0