09-13-2012, 07:59 PM   #992
djseto
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzybam View Post
No worries man.

I think that car has been there since the beginning of July, so it probably just hit 60 days. I don't really know anything about used cars as I have always bought new, but uh... Any pointers?
This was my first used car as well. I would recommend finding a good independent shop that works on BMWs and I'd have them look over the car. It cost me $125 but I got a very thorough check of the car before I bought it. Not all dealers will agree to that. My mechanic said with cars like this they are usually well taken care of or abused. If its the later, he says it's usually pretty obvious. I was anal about looking every detail over and pressing every single button to make sure everything works.

I would only buy one from a BMW dealer or from a dealer that has a BMW dealer in the "family" so you know it's most likely checked over by the BMW shop before it goes on a lot. Private works, but I'm not sure I'd buy a car like this from "Jim Bobs" used car lot.

Also, dont trust car fax. They are only good assuming shops who have worked on the car enter info. What's on there won't be wrong, it just may be missing data.
Appreciate 0