View Single Post
      09-27-2010, 05:41 PM   #6
DropItLow
Private
Rep
Drives: 2010 gt-r

i was actually just going to post up about the 9500ci install that I did on my '11.

let me first off say that it is a major PITA to install. i watched a ton of videos of the install process and went through a bunch of installs that I saw on this and other forums.

for my install I went all out:
hid the led display inside the autodimming mirror (screwed up the edges of the plastic but i'll be replacing it soon) this took me a good 4 hours to get right
hid the radar receiver inside the driver side kidney and mounted it with some epoxy and ran all the cables through the firewall on the drivers side.

i decided to get lazy and use 3m tape to attach the front laser shifters directly to the bumpers (just did a 600 mile road trip with no issues).

although i did it over the course of 2 days, the whole install probably took 12 hours (i havent run the rear shifter yet) but 19 sounds seriously high especially for a professional installer. Mind you, I've never done car electronics before so a good installer can cut this time down, especially if they have done one before.

Does the $2900 include the 9500ci? On their website it list for like $1500 without the install coupon - $1400 for an install sounds extremly high. After it was all said and done my install cost me $1200 or so (bought the 9500ci NIB on ebay and went through a few crimpers and a hand full of beers)
Appreciate 0