View Single Post
      08-17-2011, 11:18 AM   #37
john335coupe
08 e92 M3 DCT, Pulley, AFE stage 2 intake, Dinan
Rep
Drives: Tesla Model S, e92 M3 DCT

My bad. I'm using stage 1. I have cats. I made up the battery died thing. The ses light is still on. Hopefully it will shut off soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singletrack View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by john335coupe View Post
Hi all!
Last night I re flashed the ecu with Sal's help. I have the protected ecu, so it took a updated flash. I'm pretty clueless when it comes to flashing a car but Sal talked me through it, and it was 2am his time...

I did a baseline dynolicious run pre tune. I know some people might think that means little or nothing but I've fount it to be very consistent on my other cars (x6m, 370z). And it's all I have.

The only snag I've had is that the "service engine soon" and engine picture, light illuminated after the tune. The local stealership said that happens when there is an electrical or mechanical error. I told them my battery died and they said this is normal and should reset itself in a day or two.

Had anyone had this happen? Any opinions would be appreciated...

As far as power...

Jury is still out. I have not tested the car after the tune yet. As far as butt dyno, I think it feels better. I still have the cats and only Dinan rear exhaust, pulley and intake. I know my gains are not maximized using stage 2 flash. I'm not sure if I want the monetary outlay of a HFC system with resonators, and I've ruined cars with HFC's in the past with drone and rasp. The shifts seem to hit harder...I'll have to give a more detailed report once I've done a test and raced some friends cars.

John
So did the battery actually die or you made that up so they wouldn't give you shit? SES will not go on for specific DTCs if you have cats.

Did I understand correctly that you are running a stage 2 tune with cats? I would not know what the effects of that are, but it would seem logical that the cam timing could be off and causing a misfire. But evolve asks you about your mods in advance, so that would seem odd.

A bad tank of gas could cause it. What DTC's are stored in the ECU? You can check with a code reader at most autoparts places, like autozone.

Have you contacted Sal? I'm sure he will be in contact if you send him an email.

Fabspeed HFCs/xpipe are a steal used. You do need to have the right rear section though, or you may hate the sound. Best to search for videos.
Appreciate 0