07-23-2013, 02:31 PM   #406
kawasaki00
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: SG-E92 ESS-650 BPM Tune

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCMpower View Post
So , in reflection to all of this. Removing all the motors and re-sizing is obviously not feasible or necessary. Does this lead to a final path of choosing the right oil for your particular driving, climate, ect. And also not pushing the car over x rpm/load when cold, like many have mentioned? I ask the 3 "experts" this as you can help ease the stress that I can feel so many have. Again, if you feel death is imminent, come out and say we all have borrowed time, put a solid case together and let us approach BMW. I also do not want this thread closed but would like to see some resolution or cautions that the masses can take and begin to enjoy their cars again with confidence. Or buy a Mercedes? I know what steps I am taking and have had 3 of these S65's apart and have not seen signs of concern, but this accounts for the huge amount of S65's out there.
This is my plan, I am sitting at 44k right now. I am going to run the 0w for the next 16k miles changing it at every 4k. It is only 75 bucks for a oil change with the mobil so the cost is no big deal. At 60k I am going to drop the pan, because it is pretty easy to do, and pull a bearing and look at it. If it looks bad I will change them out and go on down the road and I will probably have the car sold before it gets to 100k anyway. If I do change bearings I am going to run the 0wt fromt the get go and reinspect at 70k. That will give a good idea on what we expect to see with the lighter oil.
I think most of us on this forum drive our car harder than most normal cruisers. This could also be why it seems to be a bigger deal on here. I drive the car hard and will continue to do so, if I didn't take it over 6k I would drive the wifes 328