12-23-2011, 08:16 PM   #14
Ateam
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by username11 View Post
OP,

You should also be aware that it is really easy to get very good deals on the M3 where it might be harder on the 135i. Around here (NE) M3s seem sit on the lot for several months. You could search for a new M3 in your area and work out a below invoice deal from your dealer. You can then lease at money factor with no mark up. See the sub-forum on leasing/pricing on this forum. Might shift the equation more in favor of the M3.

I have a friend that purchased a leftover 2011 135i (fully loaded) for 4K under invoice last year. He pays around $580/mo. I pay 40/mo more for my E92 M3. We are both leasing for 36/12K. I ordered mine and did ED. For me the M3 was worth $1440 more than the 135i and I got to sit around and eat Spaetzle and drink amazing beer for a week.

Please test drive both cars. The 135i and M3 feel worlds apart to me. There is really no comparison.
OP mentioned a fully loaded or well optioned which would be at 73-74k. A few grand below invoice is not going to happen. Even the online dealers give 600 over invoice. So you are looking at 67k at invoice. No money down, lease payments will still be in the 900's with the 2012 MF and lease rates. Obviously this is not affordable, let alone finance payments of 1200-1300.

Sounds like this would be a way big stretch. Get the 500 buck a month 135 and enjoy it for 5 years. Then upgrade when you have the finances to do it comfortably.

Are you considering gas, insurance and tire prices, all of whicih are more expensive on the m3
Appreciate 0