View Single Post
      07-09-2011, 06:05 AM   #7
GirlsGarage
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F06 M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVG View Post
Welcome to the world of modding !! Basically it sounds like the springs rates are out of spec are for the shocks. You might try seeing if you get the message on all EDC settings or only on certain settings. You may have to drive only in one particular mode. There may not actually be anything "wrong" here. The car's brain may only think there is something wrong due to your altered spring rates. Much like HFC's generating check engine lights. Of course, I am not certain how it will affect the life of your shocks, however. How does the car ride/drive? Does it feel weird or handle badly?

Anyway....first place to start is to see if you get the message in all EDC modes or not.

That said, I would never simply change out the springs on an EDC system. And keep in mind, in general, the more complex, the more integrated, and the more electronics that are involved, the more you run into the risk of problems.
-Comfort and normal mode is fine, massage appears on the sport mode!
-The ride is stiffer now.

I think when you change the springs the only difference would be compressing the shocks by approximately an inch more than the stock rate! and this should not throw an error massage i beleive since rebound factor is still there!!!
Appreciate 0