View Single Post
      06-25-2010, 05:24 PM   #29
Kinzer S13GT
Avid enthusiast... is to put lightly!!
Rep
Drives: Black Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3_CSL_E92 View Post
Ok the reason i replied was because you compared performance numbers between the cars (2 seconds faster etc.) Wich doesnīt mean shit when were talking about two different cars but i get your point.

Although you mucst be joking again. the GT3 engine is not superior to every BMW engine out there, you must be joking.

Making the best engines in the world is something BMW is known for. Itīs not something thatīs made up.
Most of the classes BMW makes engines in they make the one with most power and with the highest MPG, the smoothest, etc. just better then the rest most of the time.

Porsche makes great engines no doubt but BMW has the edge here. Saying anything else is just nonsense.

And they got a shit load of engine of year awards to back it up.

Even Ferrari had a hard time surpassing the mighty V12 BMW made 1991 and even though they managed to produce a stronger engine, the Mclaren is still the fastest n/a car in the world.

And remember that Ferrari made their enzo 2004. Thatīs 13 years between these cars.

It would be silly to underestimate BMW when it comes to engines, thatīs what they do best and thatīs what they are known for.

And another thing. You know the big four motorcycle makers whoīs been building superbikes for ages.
BMW releases their first and it puts out about 20hp more than the closest rival.
Will the other makers respond by building an engine like that with itīs 14.000rpm limit? i think not.
(...didn't I just say this yesterday! lol)

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! Very well stated.
BMW is and always has been, an engine builder! TO THE HIGHEST DEGREE!!
They invented the TOP TIER!!!
..By the way "Shift@Red", the torque multiplication numbers also mean jack! Because that multiplication comes AFTER the engine. Not from it.
It was an engine comparison, not an engine/transmission comparison!

Appreciate 0