10-24-2008, 05:59 PM   #53
d_dot
4 * General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F12 M6,Audi R8 Lambo Gallardo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
a) The OEM amp in the Enhnced Premium Audio cannot be replaced, as it is a digital inputs amp. So what I'm doing is using a Cleansweep and summing module to recreate and de-EQ the OEM amp output signal and then use a DQXS processor to create my own, separate EQ curves for the front, rear, underseat woofers and undetermined trunk sub before hitting the PDX amps.

Personally, I don't like at all so many D/A conversions, but there is no way so far in the USA to change the outputs of the OEM HU/iDrive CCC from digital to analog, as it can be done in Europe, to be able to totally bypass the OEM amp and its filtering and processing.

b) I did not re-install the covers because of that reason.

c) I'm sure that there will be more and stronger bass in the SWS-8 once I power them with the PDX 4.150 and tune them with the DQXS. For the OEM look, up to 3 PDX amps can be stacked (with a custom-made bracket) on top of the OEM amp when the OEM CD changer trunk trim is used. The CD Changer access door is conveniently positioned to have access to all the gain/filter control of all 3 posible PDX amps.

So done right, no aftermarket equipment will be visible in the trunk.

Well im totally lost so I hope u will have a full DIY after this all said and done cause i need to upgrade my sounds asap.