signes
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3 RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Thanks signes.

If the GTS uses the cast wheels (and it sounds like it probably does) then I have to wonder why. Some things come to mind. First, what is the lightest set of 19" wheels in the GTS width on the market? I.e. is there a lot of margin there for more weight savings? That question is probably best answered in the master weight savings thread, if indeed wider wheels are even covered there. Secondly, did they even try that hard to get the weight down on the GTS to begin with? I can't remember what all changed (other than obvious stuff like the engine, exhaust, suspension), but if the main goal was to just drop the obviously un-needed stuff like back seats, but to keep most other not-directly-performance-related parts common with the M3, then perhaps shaving relatively small bits of weight here and there was never in the cards to begin with. Even if the latter is true, lighter wheels seems like really low hanging fruit to me, but there are probably tradeoffs.
Agree on lighter wheels but not sure what actual GTS wheels are or what they weight. My RG63s are about the lightest I've seen in 9/19, 10/19. Roughly 20lbs F, 21lbs R. Forged obviously.