View Single Post
      03-05-2010, 10:44 PM   #14
H Bomb
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 M3

the only time i had said or suggested there midpipe was when it had the 2 year warranty. they have since dropped that. why i don't know. but since then i never once said the midpipe has a warranty, i only gave my experience with it.

the op assumed it had warranty, so yes thank you for bringing that to his attention.

and for the workmanship i am assuming down the road if something happened to it then they would cover it etc, that is all i meant

sorry if i came off the wrong way its just i hear so many people complain about Dinan but they never owned a product from them or have any experience with them but will go on to say how bad they are how there warranty is bs etc

so in your case yes that one product has no warranty.

and even if i didn't get the 2 year warranty when i bought it i still would of got it over a different company bc that is how much i like there products and know they would do the right thing if it came down to it. thankfully they are one of the companies that do the most R&D out there and i never had any problems 3 M cars later

where with other companies you hear about blown up cars due to a bad ecu, i mean WTF is that?? you hear about intakes not fitting right or losing power, how do you release a product for sale without seeing if it fits right or works right

it is those reasons and many more that i would choose Dinan a company that has been around the block a long time even if it didn't have a warranty hence X pipe

but to each there own and the op will decide what is good for him

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfeltiii View Post
Dude. Quoting Dinan's website does not make me a hater nor does it mean that I am talking crap. In reality it is all the "crap" being talked that forces me to qoute the website.
The OP was being pitched the Dinan x-pipe and software for several reasons, one of which was a warranty that doesn't exist PER THEIR WEBSITE!!!
READ THE QUOTE... "These products are not warrantied against wear and/or failure under any circumstances" What exactly does that leave under the "workmanship" category? Usually workmanship warranties on stainless steel products which don't have moving parts would cover welds or manufacturing defects, but most companies cover that, its industry standard. And even if you did have such a problem, the quoted sentence above says failure under ANY circumstances is not warrantied. I'm not saying Dinan would not fix a weld in their exhaust (im sure they would actually) its just that such a problem is extremely unlikely with any of the exhausts being discussed and these companies would likely warranty these problems as well.

BTW, what do you think the "workmanship" warranty on the racing software covers?!?

I am not picking one product out, mearly responding to the two that are frequently "advertised" on this sight as being a better choice due to their "warranty". The midpipe and midpipe software. I understand that other products carry the Dinan OEM matching warranty. But most people are not particularly worried that their cat-back system is going to viod their OEM warranty, which just leaves the pulley with respect to the OP's projected mods.

So pull it back a notch... I have no doubt that your Dinan set-up rips, nor do I have ANYTHING against Dinan. But the purpose of this forum is to purvey accurate information and I don't feel we have been doing that with respect to this issue.

I will now return to the Woodwork.
Appreciate 0