View Single Post
      01-31-2013, 11:13 AM   #198
kitw
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F91 M8, 991.2 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
^Thanks but these scratches are deep. I like the repair philosophy of my shop as well - 1. As good or better than OEM and 2. Can not perceive the car was ever repaired. Those simply are not achievable in any way with a detail/correction/buff/etc.

Still no ETA for getting the car into the shop but it sounds like it is getting close...
Believe it or not, but I've actually seen similar results from a GOOD detailer.

Way back in 2001, my Cosmos Black E36 M3 was keyed all around down to the paint. I had the car completely stripped down to bare metal and reprimered and repainted, with appropriate baking. Came out great, but was $14k, 11 years ago.

Fast forward to 2005 and my E46 M3 gets scratched on the hood, while at the dealership for it's 1200 mile service. Similar, down to the metal and thought I would need to get to get it repainted. I didn't want a repaint on a brand new car, so I let a good detailer fill, wet sand and buff the car.

It looked fantastic and was invisible... and you could never tell with a paint meter, which is what was important to me.

If you trust your shop, you're probably doing the right thing, I just haven't found that many that I really trust.
Appreciate 0