View Single Post
      08-16-2011, 09:05 AM   #65
prodigymb
Captain
Rep
Drives: V10+ R8, 997TT, Plaid, G550

Car already got a leakdown and compression tested - but as IMG said the time it spent at VAC is questionable. It has only been driven to dyno and to Cory otherwise it just sat without a filter. Filter was mounted and connected previously and VAC never reinstalled the filter hose after removing to see if it was a "intake restriction".

I did the original install over a year ago, and meth was installed by Redline Speed Worx since I didn't want to mess with it who used a 335 bracket for the meth which places the pump in the way of the filter tubing but the tube still fits under it. It would be ideal for Cory to move that meth bracket and pump somewhere out of the way

As I said in one my original posts the problem came up after we swapped to the new air filter ESS provided since this kit was shipped to us without one and it took ESS a while to send one.

As far as the SC hose not being clamped on, it was clamped on and the clamp was starting to slide off. We actually looked at that with Cory when we were droppping the car off to him, as well as point out the missing filter tube. I also told him that i saw nicks on the compressor wheel of the charger, I did not know if they will be enough to lose alot of boost since I looked at them with a camera and they looked tiny.

Either way I am glad it's in good hands now and I hope he figures out the rest of the issues when the charger comes back. Once its back together we'll do a trip to Atco and see what it can do.

Last edited by prodigymb; 08-16-2011 at 09:38 AM..
Appreciate 0