07-07-2011, 12:20 PM   #4449
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M760/G83M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90///M3` View Post
you should go with SpeedVentures... My buddy Josh (Gintani Stage 3) is helping organize it and might give you a small discount if you tell him Jason sent you
Josh is SpeedDistrict...Speed Ventures and ExtremeSpeed are different.

Extreme is the cheapest from what I've seen.

Speed District events tend to be on the expensive side, but you get more track time and some nice goodies.
But for those who just want to try it out, it may not be worth it

For example, Josh is charging $240 for Button Willow without timing ($20 more), where Extreme Speed is charging $150 with timing.

For Big Willow, Josh charges $220, where Extreme is charging $110 for their August event

With Josh, you're paying a more exclusive, laid back event with photos and such, which is a great plus, but not everyone wants/cares for/can afford the extras.

I haven't personally ran with Speed Ventures, so I can't comment on how they're run.
I have ran with Extreme and it's been great. Mike came in Feb and had fun too :P

I'll be running with Josh this weekend, so I'll be able to comment on that afterwards. I'm confident it'll be an awesome event for sure

Riz: Porsches are expensive when something breaks. Oil change should be around the same as a M3, mid 200s to 300 at the dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empower3d View Post
Really? nice! I've been to a couple speedventure events in the past. Is Josh "tightie" on these forums?
Yea
Appreciate 0