View Single Post
      08-06-2015, 03:20 PM   #264
Shaung
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by surewin View Post
I had this exact rod bearing issue recently. I actually tried to reach out to BMW NA to see if they can cover the cost. My engine has 62k miles on it.

The representative at BMW NA said that I needed to take it to a dealership to get it diagnosed even though I already had the Blackstone report indicating bearing wear. He said that there was no guarantee that BMW will cover the repairs after the diagnosis was done, especially since I was out of warranty (out of CPO warranty by 4 months)

Bob Smith BMW in Calabasas, CA then proceeded to quote me $2300k for the diagnosis, which I would have to pay out of pocket, claiming that dropping the oil pan and looking inside was the only way to see what damage was done. Since I was already certain what the problem was, and there was no guarantee that BMW would cover the cost of repair, and the cost of diagnosis alone was comparable to what the good folks at EAS were going to charge me to fix my problem, it was quite easy to come to the decision I made.

EAS was great in replacing the bearings and very thorough in cleaning out the bearing debris in the engine. APR position rod bolts and WPC treated bearings were installed, so at least I have the piece of mind that stronger parts were replaced.

Below are pictures EAS took of my worn bearings and my Blackstone report:

Why does your BlackStone report list your engine incorrectly?
Appreciate 0