08-24-2010, 09:07 AM   #95
HondaGoneRogue
They like my Swag...
Rep
Drives: 15 GSM 435i GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by warzilla View Post
This makes no sense? So you're using the example of your friend trading a m3 for a Raptor to equate that someone is going to cross-shop a m3 for a Mustang? Maybe your friend needed a pickup bed?
No, I was saying that now because of the performance of the GT, people will most likely cross-shop them. And the reference to my friend was just to prove that one can go from a BMW to a Ford. I only made that reference because he presumed that Ford did not make attractive vehicles in general and that BMW was somehow far superior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by warzilla View Post
The previous poster's comment about the Mustang not being exclusive is so true. Look, I like the Mustang, but unless you really look, you're not going to tell the difference on the 5.0 to the v6 version unless you look hard. No matter what folks say about the M3 looking like a 3 series, people who are looking do know the M3 is special, and different from the regular 3. Same thing when people saw a RS4, and notice there was something more menacing about it compared to a standard a4 car.
So a 335i with M3 body pieces is just as exclusive as an M3? Gotcha. Somehow an M3 is magically set apart from a 328 TO THE MASSES, but a 5.0 GT is clearly a "normal" mustang. All I needed was a quad exhaust and even e9x drivers asked me if it was an M3. LOL You guys are taking it WAY too serious.

2015 435i Gran Coupe - Current
2008 AW 135i - Sold

Last edited by HondaGoneRogue; 08-24-2010 at 09:17 AM..
Appreciate 0