07-16-2009, 06:09 PM   #29
Lemans_Blue_M
Automotive Industry Insider
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lemans Blue M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by m34jlp View Post
i dont remember exactly, but i believe it has been talked about on other threads...couldve been Modulare Forged or Klassen...i really dont recall but i am 100% sure there are more than a couple who do this
I was hoping for some better examples. Those aren't mainstream premier wheel brands. (in my book anyway)

I don't know of a single major wheel brand that withholds the offsets of their wheels...

The only morons that pull this crap, are the modular wheel companies who actually think they're special.

And to clarify...I mean a wheel company that won't even tell you in a private e-mail or phone call.

Not publishing them for the world to see is one thing...

But asking someone to fork over $3000-$6000 for a set of wheels, and telling them they can't know what the offset values are is a joke.

I'll never understand why anyone would accept that crap.

When BBS or VOLK start doing this, then maybe I'll revise my position.

Until then, any wheel company that feeds me the "You don't need to know the offsets" crap...can kiss my ass.

Haven't we seen enough threads over the years, which have shown us all the fitment problems that can result from NOT knowing the specific offsets?

BTW: This will never change, until the wheel buying public starts canceling orders because of this ridiculous (and frankly selfish) tactic. Watch how quickly they change their mind about withholding this vital information from us...