View Single Post
      11-13-2011, 01:02 PM   #8
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
I agree with the OP to some extend as well with some of the responses posted so far.

Unfortunately this is the age of capitalism and competition so the matter of greed comes into play and more and more customers are very disappointed in the way they are often teated.

Case in point; on my last trip across this wonderful North American Continent last year in a brand new Z4 I encountered 2 cracked rear wheels. ===> Click here and scroll down to Region Idaho

There you will see an example of incompetence and gross misrepresentation of a fine car such as a BMW. What was the result of this mistreatment and incompetence of this dealers Service Manager? Well I was in the market for a DD and my plan was (before this incident) to get the new X3 as our DD. Well BMW lost that sale to Mercedes since instead I got the C350 4MATIC.

Naturally I got rid of the Z4 and got into this M3, primarily because I once owned a M3 and was treated very well by a established BMW dealership. Will I ever purchase another BMW? well the jury is still out on that one.

Now we cannot (as stated by others here) eliminate the dealerships altogether. However, I strongly believe that a fine organization like BMW AG in Germany should better control and survey for quality assurance and handling of there fine engineered cars and products the dealership they entrust them to. How the interact with there customers, sell the cars and provide services. For example a dealership that is incapable to change a wheel and tire and refers there customers to the local tire shop to handle this task with untrained labourers should simply not qualify as a BMW Dealership. Such as I encountered in Idaho Falls at BMW of Idaho Falls.

Perhaps BMW does not care, if so I think that would be a big mistake. For the American manufactured cars look better every year.

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0