02-18-2008, 02:43 PM   #139
gmund1948
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: 335 cab,C-6 08, 73 911E 59 D,

Well

Gmund1948,

When you address my post (not only past, but previous) in its entirety, with something more substantial than I sat in the new M3 for 10 min, maybe we can discuss. I am neither dazed nor confused, simply amazed how a man of your age is so incapable of communicating on adult level. Taking my comical and so obviously sarcastic comment about '93 z28 and twisting it around shows you are really limited.[/QUOTE]

There is a lot to be said for experience, the experience of driving high performance sports on a track or a back road, is fun. We can all debate
who has a better suspension, the best motor or the best handling.

I only have two track days in the new M-3 and a 45 minute test drive
on the autobahn. The Corvette is a wonderful car as well, I just returned from a trip to Munich, and when we pulled into the BMW Welt, people took pictures of the Corvette ( one was a BMW delivery guy ) The Corvette is rare
over here. A German friend was picking up his M-5 and I was invited, If you do delivery in Munich, this is the way to do it.

The ride home was heaven, Fast, cold and dry. Every summer I have a hard time driving in the states because of the speed limits. In the Bay Area and LA its the congestion (like Munich argh!!) that I cannot stand.

As far as age, I might be alot younger than you surmise, The point I have made is experience counts, synthesizing ideas from others opinions are in no way a substitute for driving experience.To be able to rate a car through others opinions is intellectual suicide, Many people here have autocrossed,
been driving instructors or at least had some training. Have you ? If not
start. BMW, Porsche, Audi, Chevrolet, they all make great cars. I was fortunate to be exposed at a young age to sports car driving. I am fortunate
now to be able to own more than one car, and still be a good provider.

If you love sports cars, the more power to you. I would rather drive any capable car on a mountain road or race track than being stuck in traffic.

Your statements have much more value if you have experiences to back them up.even in other cars. The danger is in relying too much on the specs and not on the product itself.

Your posts are so critical of other manufactures, you cant seem to accept that you do not have to put a great car down (if you have experienced it)
to find that BMW has a great design in an M3. If could compare them yourself you might find the world is getting flat again.