View Single Post
      02-14-2008, 05:54 PM   #22
Smoltz
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 04 Challenge Stradale + 02 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
The same was said about Individual in the USA, and still some USA E46 M3's were ordered and delivered Individual. The same happened with Saddle Brown leather in the new X5, and a phone call straight to BMWNA was enough to make it happen.

It seems to me that it takes some really special dealer with some tight contacts in BMWNA to make this possible. That and an extremely serious customer with a nice deposit...
I think you are mistaken... First regarding the E46 M3. Individual was officially offered back then (in a limited capacity), regardless of model. There is a 325xi runninng around my area in Dakar Yellow. I forget specifically when the Program was discontinued. 2005 rings a bell. Individual is no longer available now except on the 7er.

Regarding Saddle Brown Leather on the X5. This thread alludes to the fact that there were multiple orders in the system for Saddle Brown in the new X5. I beleive that it was a Priority 1 Option. This was NOT a special order.

There are no options beyond the standard pallete (and Priority 1) for any US BMWs. I saw the email from Miltitary Sales, I think there is a better chance with them than otherwise.

If you think I am wrong, then show me a car built since they discontinued the Individual program w/ Individual Options. I have presented this same challenge in the past and no one has EVER posted pictures of a US Spec car built since the discontinuation of the program w/ Individaul Options.

-Adam
Appreciate 0