02-24-2011, 01:10 PM   #21
HondaGoneRogue
They like my Swag...
Rep
Drives: 15 GSM 435i GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dre01SS View Post
Just as a clarification, this workout was created by a CrossFit gym, therefore its standards apply. The biggest difference is with pull-ups, where we are measured on efficiency (strict/kipping/butterfly pull-ups, just get your chin over the bar as quickly as possible), and bodybuilding training measures load on muscle (strict pull-ups for maximum load).

For the remainder of the '300' workout, the standards would be the same.
Looks like the Gym Jones rules were different for the cast and crew of the movie: (these are the standards of the gym, not just for the "300" test)

Quote:
Pull-ups: elbows must pass behind centerline of the body, if this happens the entire head rises above the bar, active shoulder position at bottom (as opposed to full dead hang)

Push-ups: chest touches the floor first, active shoulder and full extension at the top, body held as a solid plank, the hips do not move

Squats: thighs must be parallel to floor (at minimum) in the bottom position, full extension at the top of the movement

Lunges: trailing knee must "kiss" the ground but may not support any weight

Push-Press and Thruster: arms must lock out overhead, hips displace horizontally to the rear to initiate recovery of the weight, Thruster includes all attributes of a proper squat

Kettlebell or Dumbell Swing: weight must be raised higher than the head (arms about 45 degrees)

Box Jump: once established on the box the athlete must stand up completely, whether jumping for reps or max height taking steps to gain momentum is not permitted

Ball Slam: full extension at the top with hips forward, ball must actually be slammed (imagine that), catching it on the bounce is better style, rounded back not permitted during recovery

Burpees: includes a proper push-up, explosive finish (jump), overhead clap, and feet remain together throughout movement to ensure maximum hip displacement

Wall Ball: full squat required, ball must hit target

Dips: upper arm must be parallel to the floor (at minimum) in the bottom position, arms lock out in full extension at the top

2015 435i Gran Coupe - Current
2008 AW 135i - Sold
Appreciate 0