You got my money?
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Ice Cream Truck

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobbep View Post
I had my windows tinted at the BMW delearship about 4 to 5 weeks ago. I have these areas at the top of the rear window that will not go away. I have taken the car back a few times and they keep on saying that it is because of the dot matrix and it will never get better because it won't stick correctly.

Any input would be appreciated as I'm not what I should do. Is this a problem that is normal due to the dot matrix or am I just getting the run arounds.

Thanks...
Random! I was just talking about this with my local body shop (bmw approved body shop).

They said one way to combat the milky white dot matrix area is to use a torch on the outside of the window prior to laying the tint down across the dot matrix. At least thats how this body shop said there tinter does it.

Ive been told that other tint installers might sand the dot matrix down some. I would prefer they dont do that to mine, so I wouldnt go this route.

Ive had another tint shop say they just use black vinyl wrap across the dot matrix.

Im going to have mine done by the guy who used the torch method. I saw his work and it was perfect.

Sounds like you need to go teach your guy how to do it or go find another guy. GL.

Mine is literally all milky and totally ugly.