02-04-2009, 12:58 PM   #76
Boris@kks-performance.com
Enlisted Member
Germany
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PencilGeek View Post

5th gear has less mechanical efficiency. If you want accurate results, you won't use 5th gear.

If you use 3rd gear you are getting a result that is easier to be manipulated by wrong calculations of the computer. We are always trying use as nearly possible 1:1 ratio.

You are only speculating here, and trying to promote your own products. You have no idea which people have the full DME flash capabilities...and which don't.

Please read my post above. I am not trying to promote my product. 20% percent s full DME and rest is half on the market.

People who prefer scientifically accurate results don't rely in their 'feelings' to measure horsepower. Instead, they rely on instrumentation. It's not always possible to do all dyno testing on the same day. And when it's not possible, that's why the SAE 1349 horsepower correction formulas exist. Those formulas are meant to correct for atmospheric differences measured from one day to the next, and from one set of atmospheric conditions to the next.

I Know all of that. And americans do love Dynos.

But you never get the same result. And a company allways chooses out the best result for promotion. We Do have DIN horsepower correction. But everyone is able manipulate his Dyno.
Please read inside the quote
Appreciate 0