12-28-2008, 10:44 AM   #9
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bling_singh View Post
dude you tried this argument before. the holiday season has pretty much passed. after New Years, the 'Holiday Season' is done. The article was written on October 29th, right after the Black Friday as the hype for Christmas shopping really ramps up. That's pretty much the beginning of the holiday season, and it ends pretty much after New Years Eve.

Today is December 28, and the article is correct there has not been a price drop from October 29 til December 28.....for the next 4-5 days there will probably not be a pricedrop. There is nothing to suggest that there won't be a pricedrop shortly afterwards. I'm of the assumption that Sony will drop the price sometime in February/March to coincide with the release of this game, the closing of their fiscal year/anniversary of the PS3's launch in Europe, and the upcoming mandatory digital television transition in the States....there will be a spike in HDTVs sold around the time and bundling the PS3 with it is the obvious choice.

You're correct in the very short run, but looking even a few months ahead (when the game launches) there's none of the absolute certainty which you're trying to prescribe with what is an outdated link.
We'll just see how it plays out. I don't see how PS3's will be an obvious choice. You can get a 360 premium and buy component cables for it for like 20 bucks and it'll automatically upscale to 1080i or 1080p.
Appreciate 0