View Single Post
      09-04-2012, 08:04 PM   #6
klammer
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 11 spc gry m3 e90, 19 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrh335 View Post
After a 20 minute first session at the Autobahn CC south course, my off track pressures were 42 psi front and rear with slightly higher pressures on the driver's side.

I bled them down to 40 psi and after the second 20 minute session, they were back up around 41.5 to 42 psi.

I checked the pressures the next morning when things had cooled down in the garage and about 75ºF out and the pressures read 32/33 in the front and 34.5/33.5 psi in the rear. I started the track session at 34 front and 35 rear (1 psi under the door jam pressures).

I guess next time I will run them even lower when I set them cold and make sure to keep letting air out.

Any other hints or tricks would be welcome.
Hey dude, hope you had fun up at Autobahn, I'm usually up there, who did you run with? I'm running AD08's but the principles are similar and I run the same, around 39-40 hot, and that requires me starting around 30 psi front and 32 psi rear so would definitely think start a bit lower. The next day if I forget to put air back in the tires they could be as low as 28-29 which sets off the sensors. Hope to see you out there sometime, I'll be back up there in October, VIR in September