08-22-2007, 03:59 PM   #17
bulletproof
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlester View Post
Hahahahaha! I love this. We have no idea that the earth is even 650,000 years old, how on earth could we have measured and kept records of the C02 levels for that long?

Hysterical!

We also have no way of knowing if the melting of the ice caps is part of a long term cycle. The earth and solar system has so many cycles of various magnatudes.

- Earth's rotation around the sun
- Moon's rotation around the earth
- Earth's rotation on it's own axis
- Tides
- Etc...

We've only tracked the polar caps for a short time (relatively speaking). So... who's to say the melting of the polar ice caps isn't a cyclical thing? Maybe ever 2,000 years, they melt some and then refreez. Who knows? The scientists surely don't. They don't have enough data, so it's totaly speculation.

Modern science is all about declaring a theory as fact w/ little to know data to back it up.

Am I saying we aren't going to have a problem or that we aren't having a problem with Global warming? No! But what I am saying is... we really have no idea!

-Tom
So the 600 scientists that came to this conclusion have no idea?

I find your ignorance hysterical.

Look at the scientific data that backs everything up. Scientists are able to drill into the ice hundreds of feet and see what the levels of CO2 are all the way up to 650,000 years ago. It just so happens that in the past 50 years, CO2 has spiked 3 times higher than it ever was in the last 650,000 years. Hmmmm.... 50 years in 650,000 years, three times the CO2 amount... can't have anything to do with overpopulation and the burning of fossil fuels jumping up in this same 50 year period...
Appreciate 0