View Single Post
      10-07-2010, 06:20 PM   #72
jdgamble
Captain
Rep
Drives: 18 CQM M3 - My family car

Quote:
Originally Posted by MERCSUk153 View Post
1. Supercharger is under same load no matter if tune or no tune because pulley is not changed hence supercharger is not spinning faster.
2. Supercharger is driven by a belt so when you have the car at 7200rpm the charger is spinning at AAAA RPM so a tune will change nothing when the car is going at 7200rpm.
3. The stock setup basically has the pressure at 12psi of boost at 5000rpm and then the valve vents the rest of the boost 5000rpm onwards but the supercharger is still producing 21psi of boost.
4. Tune basically redirects the boost towards the engine rather than bleeding it off so the supercharger is still providing 21psi but the engine is using the full boost.
5. So nothing has changed for the supercharger so how is it stressed?
6. Engine internals are minimally stressed even if it is at all since at 5000rpm the engine was getting 21psi of boost anyways just now the tune is providing this all the way to 7200rpm so the tune does not exceed the stock boost levels just provides it a tad longer.
So explain to me how the engine internals are affected. Oh thermally the intercoolers on the S4 can handle the tune because Vag-com indicates no significant increase in temps.
Still don't see too much problems yet same for 335i owners who have been running their turbo cars and they don't have too many blown engines yet though their as been a few but their turbo setup is different.
Like I said I have a modded 2000 A4 from 155hp and 155torque and it is now producing 225hp and 255 torque and it is 10years and no problem.

You can say what you like but rather than give me book application education crap please apply it to this setup for the explanation and stop telling others of your credentials etc. because it doesn't mean crap if you can't apply it to this situation to explain how it is stressed. If you want to refute it us my explanation to explain how I am wrong.
Let me ask how many FI cars have you owned and modified? Another question is if you modify your M3 what makes it different that you think it won't also be stressed?
Hahahaha... yeah I'm dense. I showed this thread to a couple of my dense engineer friends today... none of us know a damn thing about mechanical topics... we all got a good laugh. Do you work for a tuner or something? Here's what I think... You should tach out your brand new chipped S4 at EVERY opportunity... see how long it holds up!

For what it's worth, I don't plan on modding my M3... It's plenty fast right out of the box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiation Joe View Post
You just don't get it, do you?

You are wrong, and apparently no amount of intelligent informed dialogue will convince you otherwise. He did explain how you were wrong, but you just don't get it.

Go ahead. Continue to dig that hole deeper and deeper.
I think you summed it up well... Some people just don't get it.