View Single Post
      02-20-2013, 08:46 AM   #1
mashimarho
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: E92 M3 & F80 M3 & G82 M4

Garage List
Looking for some friendly help - moving out to California

Going for the big change.. I'm wondering if there was anyone here that would be able to guide me in the right direction and maybe even help me out.

I'm planning ahead, so bear with me. I am looking to move this summer (2013) from Michigan to the west side. My concerns are: 1. Finding the correct career. 2. Living expenses and finding the right location. 3. Finding a job for the lady.

I'm coming from the health field with a major in health communications. I've had my fair share of experience over here, but need a change in scenery. I know that HMOs are large over in this area, like Blue Cross Blue Shield.

Is anyone on here working in the health/medical field or know of anyone that would be able to assist me? I am looking for some advice on what kinds of things to look into and maybe if you could help me find a job.

My second concern is the cost of living in Cali and finding a home to live in. I know the costs are up the rear, but if we can find a job, that won't be too much of an issue. We just need an apartment with garages in the suburb.

Third, the lady will need a job too. She has a degree in advertising and PR. So, that may be easy to find, but difficult to get into.

Let me know if anyone can help express some knowledge in our direction. It would mean a lot to us.

Thanks,

Sean.