03-30-2012, 07:54 PM   #1
Greenkirby21
Vrooom :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: C7 Stringray

can you record stupid people?

Rant/not rant:

I was curious if there are any laws or any rules for recording the public? Almost everyday when I drive I encounter somebody stupid, from them swerving across the roads because of cell phone use to someone who just doesn't know how to drive.

For example, today. A noob in front of me decided to just slam on the brakes in the middle of the road for no reason. Initially, I thought nothing of it. Maybe something went wrong with the car. However, no hazard lights were on or anything.

Of course, idiot #1 was on his phone.We were on the left lane and my turn was coming up, so I couldn't go around, and I was in no rush so I just chilled for a bit. Then, idiot#2 who is also on the phone and is presumabely idiot#1's friend, comes along the road in the middle lane and stops to the right of us, exactly inbetween me and idiot#1. Idiot 1 and 2 then hang up their phones and idiot 1 starts driving off. WITHOUT any warning or turn signal, idiot 2 completely cuts me off and I almost destroy him. I managed to slam on the brakes and avoid the crash.

Like really, someone just stops in the middle of the road without warning to wait for their friend? Ever heard of pulling over or at least put on your emergency lights.

Anyways, so I see stupid things like this happen all the time, especially since I go to college and there are many bad drivers.

If I just recorded this stuff everyday and made funny compilation videos, could I be in any danger? I wouldn't want the cops to get mad at me or get sued or anything. Maybe it could serve as a purposeful video as to why people should stop doing other things and focus on driving!