View Single Post
      05-06-2012, 09:32 PM   #112
Gearhead999s
Major General
Rep
Drives: RR Velar R=Dynamic M2C R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by shizzle View Post
I agree with this completely. Running 275 all around doesn't make the rear tail happy at all. All it does is increase front grip, and don't forget at 275, you're still wider than stock (for non-competition package), so you've got lot's of grip.

I also think that if you're considering driving with traction control off, the best time to try it is in the wet. I personally think I learned a lot more about throttle and brake control with traction control off in the wet than at any other point being on the track. In the wet, you're generally running slower than in the dry, so mistakes are less likely to cost you. Because the reaction of the car is 'exaggerated' in the wet, you'll learn a lot about car control, different racing lines and learn how to feel the car more. It's also a lot of fun pushing yourself in the wet.
+! but even better is ice racing for learning car control like I did in Quebec in the mid 70's on rubber to ice in a Fiat 128 & a Lotus Cortina in studded.To be able to fast properly in the wet or dry,well developed car control skills are paramount.

Appreciate 0