CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 911 turbo

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by shizzle View Post
I agree with this completely. Running 275 all around doesn't make the rear tail happy at all. All it does is increase front grip, and don't forget at 275, you're still wider than stock (for non-competition package), so you've got lot's of grip.

I also think that if you're considering driving with traction control off, the best time to try it is in the wet. I personally think I learned a lot more about throttle and brake control with traction control off in the wet than at any other point being on the track. In the wet, you're generally running slower than in the dry, so mistakes are less likely to cost you. Because the reaction of the car is 'exaggerated' in the wet, you'll learn a lot about car control, different racing lines and learn how to feel the car more. It's also a lot of fun pushing yourself in the wet.
I fully agree that you can probe the car limits a lower speeds in the wet.

However, an important factor to consider is how grass behaves when it is wet. It becomes like an ice rink. So if you do go off on wet grass, you won't slow down much on it. Kissing a guardrail then becomes much more likely. MDM helps keeping one off the grass .

Last edited by CanAutM3; 05-07-2012 at 12:57 PM..
Appreciate 0