View Single Post
      12-08-2011, 08:49 AM   #68
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
Rep
Drives: Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
Eh, well the Detroit ghettos have a MUCH lower thug/sq mile ratio. The ghettos in Chicago are packed with useless human beings. In Detroit, they're fewer and further between. To be honest, there's a lot of crime in Detroit, and violent crime at that, but there are definitely many places in the Chicago area (shit, the entire south side and west side) where I'd rather take my chances in Detroit.

The Detroit ghettos appear much worse though. Hell, even some decent areas of the city (and yes there are some) aren't too easy on the eyes. The abandoned buildings need to go. So does a certain demographic (interesting reading about how young the median age is, causing it to be harder for do-gooders to try to uproot them and restore the city).
What really surprises me is no major waste company has come in there and started demoing buildings for positive PR. Instead of donating a few million to some useless cause, they could clean up whole areas and get great press doing it. Can't start rebuilding some of those areas until you get all the dilapidated buildings out of the way first.
Appreciate 0