03-02-2010, 06:31 PM   #9
skoot3r
BMW n00b
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 e92 M3/ 2013 GMC 2500hd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Metak View Post
Dinan had drone but Akra had no drone? Yeah, I call BS also. Dinan will have less drone than Akra for sure!. Most people would accept more drone than the Dinan exuast design because the get hung up on the single functioning tip. Or they go with the AA design with the external Helmholtz chamber. The Dinan exhaust was specifically designed to maximize flow while reducing low frequency drone.

DINAN TECH SHEET:

"Or it was possible to get good flow and a low frequency drone with 4 tailpipe tips, but it was impossible to get both. We considered using an external Helmholtz chamber like some companies have done. But this added additional weight and cost and was deemed unacceptable. Analyzing other after-market manufacturer’s mufflers revealed that they had all made a compromise because of these problems. Either they had high backpressure from keeping the BMW design or very loud low frequency drone with straight through twin muffler designs or heavy expensive exhausts with straight through designs and external Helmholtz chambers."
+1 I had no drone what so ever with just the rear section and even after I got the mid section I still had no drone..
Appreciate 0