View Single Post
      08-09-2012, 12:34 PM   #74
tbonem3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 M3

Update:

After 4 days car at dealer, dealer fixed the scratch.
They had to order the correct paint, to paint and bake the rim.
-you can't really know if a scratch was there in the first place.

-although the Service manager said the fix is 100%, a close inspection of the newly painted rim, I can see a couple descrepancies in the paint. Mot horrible, but still noticable upon close inspection. Nothing painted is going to look original anymore. i said to myself I can live with a couple small paint nics on the rim, and just let me get out of here. it was late in the evening, car was dirty (I instruct them not to wash it), and I did a quick walk thru of the car, didn't see anything abnormal, and i drove the car straight home.

woke up this morning, washed the car, and I noticed a new paint chip, about 1/2 inch, on the plastic panel just below the driver door. I mean WTF?

Are you serious? Am I going thru extreme cases of bad luck? worst service by a dealer? or perhaps deliberate actions by a dealership for revenge or something? i mean the car is 2012 and I just had it since May. it has 2400 miles.

I called the Service manager and he was shocked as well. He is a decent guy and I like dealing with him and he told me they parked my car between two managers cars while the rim was being fixed , but I mean WTF?

The only thing I can think of is this was caused by an adjacent car opening the door next to my car and causing this? perhaps an X5 or something high off the ground?

-Based on this latest, I am requesting a brand new OEM rim. I am not 100% happy with the painted rim option.

-About the new chip, it's samll, about 1/2 inch. i defienety don't want to paint the panel. Can this be fixed with a small tocuh up paint?
When is this going to end?!

Thanks for hearing me vent again and if you have any advise, please chime in.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0