08-12-2007, 02:54 PM   #29
bulletproof
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
If your metric is purely 0-60 acceleration, then you should simply consider buying the 135, the Cobra, the EVO, or the base Corvette and so on for much less. One of the main reasons why people buy the M3 is because of the way it handles and feels as a whole--on the street or the track. If you don't care about that, then yes, you would be overspending by buying a M3, and are better off with chipping a 135 or 335. According to your line of thinking, there is no point in buying a 612 since the Elise is almost as fast at 0-60. That doesn't make any sense.
You're absolutely right.

But Im not buying an M3 to race it. Im buying it for the reasons you just stated. It has the performance, luxury, exclusivity, look, feel and handling that totally set it apart from every car you just described. I want the total package, so I'm ordering an M3.

All I'm saying is that on pure DAILY American "need for speed" driving conditions the 335 Procede should be able to keep up with an M3 (along with many other cars).... that's pitting 0-60 times against each other and nothing more because the M transmission, chassis, or handling will not factor into these DAILY driving conditions. Put them on the track and that's another story...
Appreciate 0