Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 Cpe Silverstone FR 6MT

Garage List
2009 M3  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SF-M3 View Post
Great write up, great photos. I think the instructor walking between the cars is Matt Mullins (sp?) he was one of the great instructors I remember from the 2 day M school in January this year.

I had a blast and have been wanting to do the advanced school ever since.

I had no prior experience prior to the M School, learned a whole lot with their help. I have done several autox events this year and figured I would wait till next year for the advance school.

That is Matt and he served as our head instructor at VIR in May (they rotate the duty around). The whole crew is great and really reacted to the various students' needs, ability and differing safety requirements.

They weren't sure about me since I hadn't been to a prior M-School either (Donnie had seen me drive at PC Delivery, but no more). So, they started me in the "beginner" group and then quickly moved up until I reached my limit before the end of the second day. In contrast, several were returning for their nth visit and were storming past the start-finish line at 145 mph before the end of their first track session.

I plan to go back next May.

Dave