Drives: BMW

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [0.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [5.25]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILSMKU View Post
Hey all,

I recently installed an aFe drop in filter (dry one) and scoops. I made sure to install my intake cover the exact way it came off. I had already read about how to install the filter and saw many posts of guys who did not seat the cover back on correctly. My cover is on correctly.

That said, I now hear a funky flutter sound between 3-4K that does not sound normal to me. I also noticed that the top of the aFe dry filter (that the spring loaded nipped presses against) seems flimsy.

A buddy of mine has a K&N filter and he said he doesnt have any flutter sounds with his at all. Ive seen a few posts in here saying its normal. Or somethings on my cover is not sealed, and others say its just how this filter sounds.

Any one have any experience with this? At this point, Im not to thrilled with this piece at all.
If you are in the Anaheim area anytime soon, feel free to drop by and we can take a look for you and verify correct installation.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0