View Single Post
      01-31-2006, 01:11 PM   #17
JB 330ci
Resident "Spook"
Rep
Drives: 03 330ci, 08 335i, 08 A5,

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellasBmw
Hmm.. this year will be new for me, my 1st single valentines in 3 years.

One time my x came over in the morning, he had 2 dozen roses, he picked out my outfit and told me to get in the car. I didnt know where were we going. He took me to a show (he said it was a change to a typical movie), so that was nice. Then he drove me around a little more, then took me to a really nice restaurant for dinner. Then we drove to a nearby mountain with a awesome view, then he took me back to his place and when he opened the door to his room he had champagne, rose petals, chocolates, and candles all around his room. It was very cute.

my other x one time wrote out "i love you antonella" in chocolate kisses on his bed with roses in the middle. And he cooked a candlelight dinner at his house for me.

But heres a tip- its the little things that mean most. Sure you can do a full blown day of romance, but honestly i loved just going out to dinner, going back to his place, renting a movie and just laying on the couch together.... then afterwards doing the real romantic part
I'd agree. Seems like it's the little stuff that counts. The details and descriptions and time going into a project...not the end of it which is what most guys like.

Simple things like a poem (if you can't write just get one from) fictionpress.com look under poetry and under love or general or type in Valentine's day. I personally write my own poetry and short stories but it's just as good even if you grab one and use it...the reason behind the poem is what matters.

A picnic outside with just the two of you...remember V day is al about spending time with the opposite sex. You (hopefully) should know what she likes to do and what she wants. Try something adventous and spur of the moment stuff. For example we went to Disney World on V day because she always wanted to go.

-If your not looking to spend a lot of money cook her favorite dish, and set up the candles, table, rose petals, etc.
-Take her out to something different...if you are in a big city something like Greek, Thai, Korean, Russian, Argentian, etc...
-You could start with breakfast in bed with heart shaped pancakes (man that was a pain to make the first time) dosed with cherry and whipped cream.
-Even at home there are things to do...like do all her stuff she usually does that day and wake her up...meet with her with roses and an ice cream cake...gotta be original here.
-One year I gave her pajamas with hearts on them...one of the best ideas that I never would of realized until someone else told me.
-Also some simple jewery like a necklace is nice as well.

But there are tons of things to do...trust me I have yet to run out of things...matter of fact this year I got a specially made persian rug that has a heart in the center with both of our names. Plus I bought her a Russian egg and heart shaped flip flops (she waned some new ones)

-The key is to be a good listener and remember things and pick up on her likes and dislikes

I'll step off the podium now

Last edited by JB 330ci; 01-31-2006 at 01:27 PM..
Appreciate 0