06-18-2009, 07:30 PM   #117
C17MooseDriver
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 AW M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
If you've never done any soldering, I wouldn't recommend starting on the AiBs.

PM me your full name and I'll send a shipping label so we can get the unit replaced for you.
Thanks Tom,

Too late though, I already did it, with advice from the Lowe's sales associate. It was actually pretty easy, and looks just like the other connections. I just hate having to spend another $20 for a soldering kit I probably would never use again.

Anyways, they look great.

One thing I noticed is that the overall brightness is the same as the stock. But because it's white, versus the stock yellow, it isn't as visible in bright outdoor environments.

While driving around with one side stock, and one side AIB, I can see the stock light alot easier in the reflections off the cars in front of me. I kept thinking the AIB had malfunctioned because I couldn't see it in the reflection. But it was so sunny and bright today, I think any HID that isn't stock would have been washed out also.

If you really believe that DRL improves safety, then stick with stock because it's easier to see during the day. Otherwise, this is a great looking mod.