View Single Post
      10-10-2012, 12:41 PM   #26
klammer
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 11 spc gry m3 e90, 19 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarThaL View Post
Last year, when I was deciding on what car I would buy as my "toy", I still needed to think about how the car would be used. A pure two seater sports car, while no doubt appealing on one level, would have left me with very few opportunities to actually drive it. This week, my wife and I are up at our vacation home by ourselves. Still, I needed the full trunk space of our e92 and some of the back seat space to fit everything we were bringing up. No way this would have fit in a 911 or something thereabouts. Likewise, the 140 mile drive wouldn't have been nearly as tolerable in a pure sports car.

So, even as a pure pleasure vehicle, there are practical elements that must be considered if one is actually going to be able to enjoy it. As such, the M3 is just superb. The right amount of sport, the right amount of comfort, and enough utility that I can actually use the thing, even when the primary focus is play time.
Totally

Just did a 1500 mile round trip with 2 kids and the wife to VIR from Chicago last month and don't think there's a car on the planet I would have rather had. Love it
Attached Images