View Single Post
      03-08-2007, 09:34 AM   #7
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by epiphone3 View Post
I hear that the clutch is super stiff in the M3...
The clutch is fine once its broken in. No different than any other E46 really. Although the clutch in my wife's E90 is super light so compared to that it might feel a little stiff, sure.

I've got over 100 thousand daily driven miles on my E46. Its a great daily driver. And that's through all four seasons. Most people who don't think M3's make good daily drivers are the people who have not actually tried doing it, IMHO. Of course, we are all different and have different levels of tolerance. Frankly, I cannot understand how people can live with a 6000lb land barge as a daily driver, or a cheap economy car that makes you feel as you are driving a marshmallow on a waterbed for that matter.

Depending on mix of city/highway I get 20mpg to 24mpg. Its not great but really, who cares? Do people who can comfortably buy a $60k car really worry about gas mileage? If you do you better be absolutely sure that the M3 is the right car for your budget before jumping into it. Just my honest opinion. Now, the new V8 might get worse mileage but we are not talking anything too dramatic, IMHO. Its not going to be like a Hummer or Mucielago. Probably no worse than an S4, whatever mileage that might be.
Appreciate 0