View Single Post
      02-11-2011, 10:34 AM   #2
dnvrdrvr
Captain Obvious
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 VW GTI SE

Don't know if I'll help you or not... I ran RE-11s on the OEM 19" wheels last year, staggered 255F/285R. I went through two sets of fronts and one set of rears in 15 track days. I'm planning to buy the APEX 10" square setup. The obvious reason is they're a cheap (and from everything I've read, durable) way to play with that setup. Then if I decide I want to go back to staggered, throw a 255 / 265 on the front... or 285 / 295 on the rear (assuming I can find them in the same tire of course - d*mn tire manfacturers make it so hard sometimes!)

If you're a n00b, you may want to start with good street tires on your stock setup, learn how to maintain them (pressures, temps, etc) then decide. That's what I did and I feel much more confident in my driving in that I will have a better idea of how the change affects the car's handling. To me, things like that are far more important than the costs. I'm not made of money but I'd rather KNOW what the money I'm spending is doing.
Appreciate 0