Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 2008 M3

Garage List
2004 Corvette Z06  [0.00]
2004 GT3  [0.00]
2008 M3  [0.00]
Ok - Hans - as to if the car feels artificial to me.

1st off - the GT3 is about as connected as I have ever been to the road and the driving experience. The steering, the handling, the road feel, the sound, the acceleration, the cornering etc... You had to work to drive the car, and it would/will slap the living shit out of you if you f*** up. But, it will reward the skilled driver with a connection that is almost spiritual to the road. And to hell with comfort or being able to hear the radio or talk on a cell phone. I mean really - that's not why you bought the GT3 in the 1st place, right?? Though I did daily drive mine.

The M3 - Racing Sofa. Luxery and spoiling me. The steering is certainly power - and you feel it. Though it does have a nice heavy ness to it not found in the 335 where you can practically spin it by blowing on it.

The shifter is nice. Vague compared to the GT3 (but anything would be vague compared to that rifle bolt) and having driving a GT3 vs Z06 you know what I am talking about. The Z06 shifter is kinda spongy compared to the GT3.

Is it artificial - well, I have not driven it past 5500 rpm yet. So I don't know about what's up in the wild yonder of 5500+ land. I have had a few adventures cornering, and I am pleasantly surprised at how it holds in the corners. Kinda early to tell - but I have a sneaky smile on my face saying I suspect that it's a sleeper in that you don't expect it to corner really well - and it does.

The Z06 is just plain fun - you can throw it all over the place and it will still be civil to you. The computer assist will keep you in a straight line for the most part.

Sorry I could not be more detailed about the experience as of yet. But as I get past the 1300 mile mark you can be certain that I will write more.

So far - I am enjoying the ride - with the brake issue being my biggest complaint so far.
Appreciate 0