Rep

Drives: BMW

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [5.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [6.20]
Quote:
Originally Posted by aajami View Post
Purely for aesthetics. The prototype version of this exhaust was black, and that color masked its bulky canisters better than the light color of the exposed metal. I've asked BMW AG if they encountered any problems with the coating -- we'll see what they say. Do you know of any problems with doing this?

Hi Ian. Nope, BMW is being very tight-lipped about it. I asked them directly if it was Eisenmann about 6 months ago, and the answer was "no", but that was before the production delay pushed the release of this exhaust back from summer '10 to February '11. BMW could very well have switched manufacturers in that time.

I don't know, as I haven't installed it. Based on the product manager's description and the clip of the exhaust that BMW released last week, I'm guessing that it's going to be less bassy and more raspy than the ES in the low RPMs, less droney during cruising speeds, and louder during WOT. But that's speculation -- I'll let you know in about a week.

Thanks, Scott. Some friends and I may be doing Cars & Coffee either on 3/5 or 3/12. You should come out to that -- give me a call for the details.

I didn't measure them yesterday, but I will next week. They looked bigger than the stock tips when I was taking these pictures yesterday, fwiw...

I'll have EAS weigh the unit. It was definitely much lighter than stock, though. I was able to pick up the exhaust with one hand yesterday -- not something I could have done with the stock one.

And for those of you inquiring about the price, you can send a PM to Jimmy (GOLFFRR) for a quote. I got it within +/- $100 of what he's been quoting.
I'll get weights as soon as the exhaust arrives.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0