View Single Post
      03-23-2008, 05:48 PM   #175
erdoran
Private
Rep
Drives: '08 Z4si

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseman View Post
I am fully aware of everything you posted, as I can both read and comprehend. But the simple fact of the matter is if the guy called "nervously" he obviously made a mistake in the post and probably was hoping he wouldn't run into the person he did.

Had it happened to me? I would have said "Hey, I thought that price was kinda low. Oh well, I'm not out anything." And they might have even offered me a discount on the vehicle I was looking for.

But, see, I'm a reasonable individual with the capacity to understand that corporations are big groups of people, people that make mistakes. And I don't try and crucify people every time they make one.

But, whatever. As for being from the dealership, don't kid yourself, I'm really an actual thinking human being, just like the poor bastard thats probably barely holding on to his job right now. But, remember this moment sometime in the future when you make a mistake and the world crashes in on you. Remember this and recall that what goes around comes around. Remember this and recall that you put some poor slob though hell because he screwed up the reserve price.

But, back to being a victim and pitching a fit. Ohh, the humanity!
Mooseman, read my post about how ebay works please. That explains it all. The seller entered a legally binding contract when they listed the car on EBAY with NO RESERVE. If they weren't willing to sell it for $60K then they should have had a reserve for what they WERE willing to sell it for. It isn't the buyer's problem whether or not the price allowed sufficient profit. If the converse had happened and he had gotten carried away in the feeding frenzy and bid $100K, do you REALLY think the dealer would have let HIM off the hook? "Oh, poor buyer bid too high, he made a mistake, we'll let it go".

These guys have evidently been selling on ebay for a while as per some other posts (I have no idea personally). they know how things work. Whether they made a mistake or not, as was pointed out they had ample opportunity to set a reserve, or EVEN TO SAY SOMETHING BEFORE THE AUCTION ENDED! They didn't. It's their problem.

And don't talk about the buyer being a baby. He and the dealer had a contract. He honored his end, why shouldn't they?
Appreciate 0