Garage List
2006 BMW E46 M3 'vert  [0.00]
2008 BMW M5  [0.00]
2011 BMW E92  [0.00]
2012 BMW X6M  [0.00]
2003 E46 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseman View Post
I know this is my first post, and the only thing I have in common, apparently, with any of you is that I own a BMW, which I enjoy driving.
So how much did you pay for your BMW? Did you walk in and pay MSRP or did you negotiate? No body really KNOWS how much the car costs because of all the variables that go into it...dealer holdbacks, interest on inventory, salesman bonuses, quota's ect..

Quote:
But, as far as this situation goes, here is my take: I find the whole ordeal disgusting. I've been to a restaurant where the waiter gave me change for $100 when I paid with a $50. Naturally I returned the money. I've been at the bank where the teller gave me more money than the check I cashed. I obviously returned the money.
Here your analolgy fails because the waiter did not know that he gave you incorrect change. The car dealer knew full well they did not offer a reserve price and advertised as such. They were using the fact that the auction was a no reserve auction to profit. It just happened to backfire.

Quote:
Here, we have a very analogous situation. You were bidding on the car with full knowledge that the vehicle was listed for less than invoice.
And the dealer knew that full well also.

Quote:
You knew it was most likely a mistake. Did you e-mail the lister to find out if they intended to sell it under invoice? No, you wanted to profit from the mistake of another.
It was not a MISTAKE. It was intentional on their part. And they have pulled this non-sense before. Please review their ebay feedback.

Quote:
Now you want to post in here about how the dealer "screwed" you. Although I don't know what they have "cost" you in refusing to "honor" what was obviously a mistake on part of an agent of their organization. Rather than sympathize with the poor bastard who might lose his job in this worsening economy, all you can do is pout and pitch a tantrum like a 4 year old.
The only terminable offense is dishonesty. He was not dishonest until after the auction...when he lied about why he was not selling the car. The reason that he gave was that a mistake occurred. There was no mistake. Now he is a liar.

Quote:
Seriously, and what is worse the constant support from others in here who believe that you are somehow "owed" that deal. Am I the only person who find you a morally reprehensible spoiled brat?
YES!!!

Quote:
No wonder I never get anywhere in this world. I'm too worried about morals, ethics, principles, empathy and the other useless traits that tend to keep good guys down.
So please tell me how the dealer who WILLINGLY enters into an auction, WILLINGLY sets the minimum price low and WILLINGLY sets no reserve and then refuses to sell the car as PROMISED is the good guy and the buyer is the bad guy? I just cannot see your logic.

I think that you should be intellectually honest with yourself before you disparage others.

Appreciate 0