View Single Post
      12-12-2013, 04:55 PM   #41
Edward
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013.9999 E92 Jerez ZCP

This car is going to be fast and we will all eventually like the looks a lot and accept it as current and great.

In stock form it will likely be faster than the S65 engine in any measurable race, whether 1/4 mile or 0-60 or 0-100 or 50-120 etc.

It will handle better due to more modern suspension tech and lighter weight and better brakes all around.

It has better MPG and everything else will be more modernized and better period.

The single biggest drawback to me is sound. It's going to be a decent sound I'm sure, esp with the upshift pop and downshift burbles, but I'm over that. It won't sound as intimidating as the S65 due to displacement and cylinder count/firing order.

As far as tuning goes, an ECU tune along with catless DP's and exhaust and eventually methanol, this car will probably push over 520 hp or more. A limiting factor is how much boost this car peaks at in stock trim. How much additional pressure can the stock internals even take?

A properly force fed S65 I would think can always push more power than the new engine can even modded...It's again the displacement thing.

I personally hope I have the means to get into a different class of car by the time I am done with my M3.
Appreciate 0