View Single Post
      12-12-2013, 03:59 PM   #36
JEllis
Major General
Rep
Drives: E36 M3, E92 M3

The new M3/4 has made a full transition into a street bruiser. What I mean by that is the F8X M3/4 is a car that will feel extremely fast due to its flat torque curve. And, from stop light to stop light it will be legitimately faster or at least as fast as most other sports cars one could encounter.

In terms of a track car, time will tell. I imagine that the M4 chassis with lets say a GTS 4.4L S65 would have been a better track weapon. The BMW engineers certainly have not let us down in the suspension department. All solid bushings (or lack of bushings) and ball joints is a big change for the M3/4.

I will be interested to see if BMWs RLL teams will utilize the new M3/4s straight six or use a newer version of the P65? My guess is that, like the Nissan GTR, the top level race versions of the car will continue to be NA but I would love to be proved wrong.

I am very excited for the new M3/4. I plan on owning one in a few years. I think the chassis is a work of art. I am skeptical of how the new engine will perform on the track. Recent reports suggest that the BMW engineers took some extra cooling precautions.